3 February 2013

Mark Hearld workshop

one of Mark’s recent work showcased at YSP

Yesterday my friend and I went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park to attend Mark Hearld’s workshop. “Different ways to look at paper”, as the title of the workshop, it was a wonderful session of collage making. As he said, it was about a spontaneous and flexible way to use paper and scissors to create your image on 2D. The workshop was chock full of interesting view points and an insight of him, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. 


YSP has spectacular surroundings (if you haven’t been, you must!) and gave me lots of ideas. We walked with Mark listening to some of his inspirations, followed by watching his demo, then it’s our turn to get mucked in! I made geese around a small river with oak forages and reeds. It was a good fun. What do you think?


His current exhibition “Birds and Beasts” at YSP opens till 17th February. Well worth visit! xm

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely workshop. My boyfriend's parents live right round the corner from the scuplture park. I visited for the first time last summer but I'm sure I'll be back when I visit Yorkshire again later this year, it's lovely

    ReplyDelete